Looking for information about the Algarve? The following Algarve blog posts cover everything from finding rental accommodation to what to eat, drink, and see while you’re here. So, whether you’re a couple looking for the best romantic hotels on the Algarve or an expat looking for information about renting an apartment here, there’s a blog post with all of the information that you need.
This is just a sample of the most relevant Algarve blog posts on Portugalist. You can also use the search box to look for other articles. If you have a question that isn’t covered, feel free to ask a question below.
Popular blog posts
- An Introduction to the Algarve
- What’s on in the Algarve? A month-by-month list of events
- A guide to the Algarve’s best beaches
- Market & market days on the Algarve
Algarve accommodation guides
Finding good accommodation is always one of the most time-consuming parts of planning any trip, but hopefully these guides will make things that little bit easier. Regardless of whether you’re looking for a cheap apartment or a luxury hotel, the following guides are here to help you find the perfect accommodation for your trip to Portugal.
Want to know what’s happening in June or whether March is a good month to visit the Algarve? Read the monthly guides to the Algarve, which give you a snapshot of what the Algarve is like that month, an overview of what the weather is typically like, and a list of festivals and events that normally take place that month.
- January on the Algarve
- February on the Algarve
- March on the Algarve
- April on the Algarve
- May on the Algarve
- June on the Algarve
- July on the Algarve
- August on the Algarve
- September on the Algarve
- October on the Algarve
- November on the Algarve
- December on the Algarve
Algarve city & town guides
Do you already know where you want to visit on the Algarve? The following blog posts offer guides to the different towns and cities across the Algarve.
Algarve & Portuguese food guides
The most important thing to plan for your trip to the Algarve: what to eat. The following foodie guides highlight the best dishes to eat in Portugal, both savoury and sweet. There are also guides to the different types of breads, wines, and fish that you’ll come across in Portugal.
- Portugal’s Best Dishes: What to eat in Portugal
- Cakes & pastries to try in the Algarve
- Portuguese desserts to look out for
- The different types of coffee you’ll find in Algarve cafés
- A guide to breads in the Algarve and across Portugal
- Types of fish that you’ll find on the restaurant menu & at the market
- An introduction to Portuguese wine
- Petiscos (tapas) that you’ll find in the Algarve
Tailored Algarve guides
Whether you’re a couple visiting the Algarve on a romantic break, or a hipster visiting the region solo, there’s a travel guide to the Algarve that’s written just for you.
- The Algarve for couples & romantics
- The hipster guide to the Algarve
- The gay travel guide to the Algarve
- The Algarve for nudists
- The Algarve for freelancers & digital nomads
Algarve expat information
Moving to the Algarve or already living here? The following blog posts provide information about living on the Algarve long-term.
- Cost of living on the Algarve
- Finding long-term accommodation on the Algarve
- How to meet people on the Algarve
- How to become a Portuguese citizen
- Long term car rental on the Algarve
Is there an article that you wish was here? Something that you wish was covered on Portugalist? Leave a comment below and it could become a future guide on Portugalist.
Spot a mistake? If you notice a mistake, or would like to suggest improvements to the article, please get in touch. This article was last updated in November 2018.
Advertising & Funding Portugalist is funded by advertising and partnerships. This doesn't influence the articles in any way, and it helps to cover the site's running costs.
Newsletter & Social Media
Want to get notified when there's a new article on Portugalist? Subscribe to the Portugalist Newsletter or follow Portugalist on Facebook or Twitter. I'm also on Instagram and Pinterest.