At some point, you might need to store your belongings in a self-storage unit for a few months. This is common with people who are moving to Portugal and often need to ship their belongings into the country before they’ve found a permanent place to live. It’s also common with people who are temporarily renting a smaller property in between two house sales and don’t have the space for all of their belongings in their temporary home.
Self-storage isn’t as common in Portugal as it is in some other countries, but there are self-storage units throughout the country, particularly around Lisbon and the Algarve.
Small items for a shorter period? There are also plenty of places where you can store suitcases, boxes, backpacks, or bulkier items like surfboards on a shorter-term basis. If you’re interested, read our guides to luggage storage in Lisbon, Porto, and the Algarve.
This article focuses on longer-term self-storage for bigger items such as boxes of household belongings.
Lisbon Self Storage
There are quite a few self-storage options in and around Lisbon.
- Kuboo – A popular option, Kuboo has storage solutions in Carnaxide, Abóboda, and Seixal.
- MSpace – Offers self storage in Odivelas.
- Espazo – Offers self storage in several locations around Lisbon, including Parque das Nações, Alvalade, and Alfragide.
- Bluespace – Offers self storage in Lisbon and in nearby locations like Amadora
- OrangeSpace – Offers self storage near Sintra and Cascais, Barreiro, and Alfragide
- Espaço Para Tudo – Offers storage options in Lisbon, Cascais, and Estoril.
- AllStorage – Offers storage solutions in city centre locations like Sete Rios, Almada, and Saldanha.
Porto Self Storage
- BigBox – Offers storage solutions in Porto (e.g. Gaia, Ramalde, and Matosinhos) as well as Braga and Antas.
- Contentor Amarelo – Located near the Boavista roundabout in Porto
- Espaço Para Tudo – Offers self storage facilities in Matosinhos,