Whether you’re visiting Portugal for a few days or spending the rest of your life here, Portugalist covers everything you need to know about Portugal – from pastéis de nata to taxes and everything in between.
We’ve written so much about moving to Portugal, we’ve literally written the book on it!
Ways to Move to Portugal
There are many ways to move to Portugal, but some of the most popular are:
- The D7 Visa (perfect for retirees and landlords)
- The Digital Nomad Visa (perfect for remote workers & freelancers)
- The Golden Visa (perfect for investors, those with cash savings, and those that only want to spend minimal time in Portugal)
- The D2 (perfect for entrepreneurs)
- Portuguese Citizenship (perfect for those that have a Portuguese parent or grandparent, partner or spouse)
- Residency for EU/EEA/Swiss (perfect for those with EU/EEA/Swiss citizenship or a partner from this part of the world)
We’re here to help! From helping people get a NIF number to connecting them with estate agents, we’ve helped thousands of people start a new life in Portugal.
There are hundreds of articles about Portugal on Portugalist, but the following are some of our most popular guides: