Flights rarely line up with hotel check-in and check-out times, especially in the age of Ryanair when flights are often first thing in the morning or last thing at night. Getting up at the crack of dawn is bad enough, but the real problem is having to carry your luggage around all day, especially in a new (and often very hot) place like the Algarve.
Surprisingly, there aren’t a huge number of luggage storage options in the Algarve. More and more Algarve businesses are starting to offer left luggage as a service, but it’s definitely not as commonplace as it is in Lisbon or Porto (yet).
Luggage Storage Spots
- Bounce App – Bounce lists at least two luggage storage spots in Albufeira, including one in the old town and one close to the Montechoro strip
- Scooby’s Pool Bar, Galé – A popular place to go and spend the day if you have a late flight as they have a luggage storage facility. Facilities include a swimming pool, sun loungers, mini golf, free wifi, and food & drink.
- Stasher App – Stasher lists at one luggage storage spot in Carvoeiro
- Bounce App – Bounce lists at least three luggage options in Faro, including one at Faro Train station, one at Faro Market, and one at Faro Marina (code ‘PORTUGALIST5’ gets you 5% off)
- Stasher App – Stasher lists at least two luggage storage spots, including a convenience store that’s open until late at night
- Nanny Bag App – Lists at least three luggage storage spots around Faro, including a grocery store and a restaurant
- Luggage Hero App – Lists one luggage storage spot in Faro, which is available by the hour or on a daily rate
- Faro Airport – Has a luggage storage service (see link for prices and location)
- Forum Algarve – A luggage storage facility is available at Forum Algarve Shopping Centre, which is just seven minutes’ drive from Faro Airport (there are taxis at the shopping centre). The shopping centre also has a food court and cinema, or you can take a taxi or bus to Faro City Centre
- Bounce App – Bounce lists at least two luggage storage options in Lagos, including one in Lagos old town
- Coast supply – Surf shop that offers luggage storage in the centre of Lagos.
- Bounce App – Bounce lists at least one luggage storage option in Quarteira.
- Baggage Bank – Luggage storage lockers just a few steps from the Roman Bridge, next to the Central Taxi stand.